MATUSE APOLLO 3/2MM C/Z WETSUIT
This variant is currently sold out
APOLLO 3/2MM CHEST ZIP
BUILD: GLUED + DURASOFT NYLON TAPE
TEMP RANGE: 57 – 63F / 13 – 17C
Apollo, the god of music, poetry, art, prophecy, archery and practically everything, was said to inspire Dr. Silverstein naming NASA's Apollo program after seeing an image of the deity riding his chariot across the sun. Much like the grand scale of the space missions and Apollo's many talents, our newest addition to the Matuse wetsuit fleet is also multi-talented and will inspire all surfers alike.
Apollo's mission is to make chest zip experiences great for everyone. Our goal was to design a chest zip that fits more body types and makes the routine of putting on your suit a pleasurable one aka a much easier entry than a moon landing.
The Apollo with Geoflex follows Matuse’s mantra of making products Ichiban (the best) by looking forward, developing materials and construction in the most sustainable ways.
Matuse’s Geoflex Limestone Rubber is made with Eco Carbon Black additive recycled from post-consumer scrap tires in combination with water-based adhesives for fabric lamination, instead of conventional solvent-based glues. This eliminates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s) and maintains bonding strength aka the durability you expect from Matuse.
We skip traditional dyeing processes, opting for dope-dyeing yarn to add color before yarn extrusion to save energy and water. To minimize waste, all of our trimmed edges from cutting wetsuit patterns are reused to produce more Geoflex sheets that make our Matuse products.
The Apollo with Geoflex is fair-trade certified and is the next generation of responsible building that doesn’t sacrifice on the performance you expect.
• Hydrasilk: Minimizes water adsorption and maintains your suit’s overall shape memory, adding to its longevity. Hydrasilk is buttery-soft and located inside and outside of your suit, aka you won't want to take it off.
• Oversized Knee Pads: Keep your duck diving knee pressure damage to a minimum with our oversized coverage.
• YKK Vislon Zipper: Large #10V size zipper for ease of closure and prevention of salt corrosion.
• Durasoft Nylon Taping: Taping is applied to the inside seams and is soft to the skin, for extra comfort, durability, and warmth.
• Easy access external key pouch: With elastic cord on side of hip / you don't have to take your suit off to access a key or other items stored while surfing.
Fair-Trade Certified Construction -
• Water based adhesives: Used for laminating our Hydrasilk Nylon instead of conventional solvent-based glues and minimizes Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s).
• Eco Carbon Black: A recycled additive from post-consumer scrap tires that improves suit durability.
• Dope-dyeing yarn process: We add color to our Nylon before yarn extrusion, skipping traditional dying processes to save on energy and water.
• Recycled Trims: All trim from cutting patterns is reused to create more Geoflex sheets, to build more Matuse suits aka we make no waste